Monday, October 26, 2009

Another day

Mondays are hard. Especially since I know that it's still Sunday in the USA. I have been pretty board lately. My boredom is not from lack of things to do. It's the lack of desire to do the things that need to be done. Or, at least the things that I think need to be done.

When I got up this morning I was planning to put the things away that have found themselves into our guest room. It's funny that we even call that room a guest room. We are so far away from home that it's unlikely anyone will shell out the cash to buy an airline ticket to come see us. But, I digress. The fact of the matter is, as I have unpacked box upon box, I have placed items in that room with the intention of going back and finding a place for them. I guess there is always tomorrow.

I talked, for over an hour, today with my good friend Christi. How I miss her. Everything about Okinawa makes me think of her. I sit here with tears rolling down my cheeks remembering the hours we sat in her living room in her house on Camp Foster. We sat there and talked about the past and the future and how much we missed the USA. Even though 5 years have passed, since I was last at Kadena Air Base, I feel like nothing has changed. My old Okinawa self has come back. I feel, in an odd way, that my life is back on hold. Like someone has pressed the pause button on my life.

Don't get me wrong. I love Okinawa. I love the weather. I love the fresh air that the sea breezes bring in. Most of all I love the water. I love that I can see the water from my bedroom window. I love that I can be at the waters edge in 2 minutes flat. I love that I can grab my dive gear and be under the water in less than 15 minutes. Well, of course, weather permitting.

The weather lately has been crappy. We have not been in the water since the beginning of October. A little rain I can handle. But, large waves and huge swings in the tide causes rip tides that can be dangerous, even life threatening. So, in the mean time we just hang out and wait on the wind and the waves to die down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
In the past, about every 4 or 5 years I'd have to reinvent my self. My husband recently retired, with 24 years service, from the United States Air Force. We had the opportunity to live in Okinawa Japan for a total of 7 years. Now that he has retired we are back in the USA and again, trying to reinvent ourselves. I make a living as a mobile pet groomer. However, my passion is scuba diving and at some point I'd like to live in the Florida Keys and make a living as a Scuba diving professional, in some capacity. We recently, in an effort of reinvention, purchased a Keystone Passport Elite travel trailer. We're looking forward to traveling around and enjoying the great outdoors.